Specialized 2020 Fuse Expert 29
The Fuse Expert 29 thriving on the kind of technical trails that make other hardtails cry. The top-shelf Fuse Expert 29 brings all of that to play with its light-yet-burly M4 aluminum chassis and a component package that takes a beating and comes back for more.
ROWDY BY DESIGN
The Fuse is loaded with smart touches. The wide-diameter down tube boosts stiffness. The low-slung top tube gives you the clearance to throw the bike around on tight trails. And while this Fuse’s 29x2.6 tires give it a precise, nimble feel, the frame is also compatible with 27.5+ wheels and tires.
If you fail to nail the geometry, advanced materials and innovative designs still amount to nothing out on the trail. Fuse gets it right. The long reach gives you even weight distribution. The slack head angle lends confidence on sketchy descents. The steep seat angle makes quick work of steep climbs.
TAKES A BEATING
• 130-millimeters of plush suspension courtesy of a RockShox 35 Gold fork.
• Stout Trail SL wheelset is light yet fends off abuse.
• NX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain gives you single-ring simplicity yet lets you tackle big climbs without coughing up a lung.
- 130-millimeters of plush suspension courtesy of a RockShox 35 Gold fork.
- NX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain gives you single-ring simplicity yet lets you tackle big climbs without coughing up a lung.
- Stout Trail SL wheelset is light yet fends off abuse.
- New Butcher GRID TRAIL offers improved cornering grip.
- TranzX dropper post increases the Fuse's manueverability on steep descents.
Specialized M4 Premium Aluminum, 148mm thru-axle, adjustable dropout, SS compatible, tapered head tube, internal cable routing
RockShox 35 Gold RL, air spring, 130mm Travel, 44mm offset
Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 24h
Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
Alloy SL, disc only, double-wall, 29mm internal width, 28h, tubeless ready
Standard, Presta valve
Butcher, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.6"
Purgatory, GRID, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.6"
Sram NX Eagle, DUB
SRAM DUB, threaded BB
SRAM NX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed, 11-50t
SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
SRAM Level TRL, hydraulic disc, 4-piston, 200/180mm
SRAM Level TRL, hydraulic disc, 2-piston, 180/160mm
Stout Riser, double-butted alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 5-degree upsweep, 15mm rise, 750mm / 780mm width, 31.8mm
Specialized Trail Grips
Stout 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, 6-degree rise
Bridge Comp, Hollow Cr-mo rails, 155/143mm
TranzX dropper, 34.9mm, XS-S: 100mm, M: 120mm, L/XL: 150mm Travel